Hair Care Instructions for Wigs & Hair Extensions
- Detangle: Using a wide-tooth comb and working from the ends of the hair to the base, gently remove tangles. You can also use your fingers to detangle.
- Shampoo: Holding the hair in your hands, gently wet it with warm water. Once the hair is thoroughly wet, apply a small amount of shampoo; using your fingers, distribute the shampoo evenly throughout the hair.
- Rinse: Rinse the hair under a gentle stream of warm water until no shampoo or suds remain. To avoid tangling, ensure that the water flows from the top or base to the ends of the hair. Remove the excess water by gently blotting with a towel.
- Condition: Apply a small amount of conditioner, using your fingers to evenly distribute it throughout the hair.
- Rinse: Rinse the hair under a gentle stream of warm water until no conditioner remains. To avoid tangling, ensure that the water flows from the top or base to the ends of the hair. Remove the excess water by gently blotting with a towel.
- Deep Conditioner: If your wig needs a deeper conditioning treatment, use the appropriate deep conditioner. This applies to Human Hair. Condition and rinse as directed above.
- Dry: Remove excess water by gently patting and pressing with a soft towel. Do not wring, squeeze, twist, or rub the hair. Using a wide-tooth comb and gentle, downward strokes carefully comb the wet hair. Begin a bit above the ends of the hair and comb downward. Do one section at a time, always combing downward. Never begin combing at the top or middle. Once combed, allow the hair to dry completely overnight, preferably not in direct sunlight. The hair should be placed either on a clean, dry towel or a wig stand.